Pregnant? Congrats, not only are you preparing a little human to enter this world, but you’re also amazing. And for that, you get special permission to do some stupid things. Here’s a roundup of the weird things pregnant women do:
A roundup of the weirdest things pregnant women do
- We spend most of our waking (and sleeping) hours relieved from just having peed. Another one of those weird things pregnant women do is they’re always moving to the toilet because they need to go pee. Again, for like the millionth time in one day.
- We spend money on additional pregnancy tests; even though we’re pretty damn sure, we’re definitely pregnant because the Clear Blue home pregnancy test even went as far as to indicate how many weeks we’re preggo. We just need that additional confirmation.
- We’re so obsessed with the idea of capturing the perfect shot of our moving bellies; we become master photographers!
- We have vivid and very detailed daydreams about all the foods we’re going to stuff our faces with as soon as we’re officially not pregnant anymore. Biltong. Sushi. Eggs Benedict. Oh man, why is this taking sooo long???
- Whenever somebody utters the words ‘episiotomy’ or ‘6-kg newborn baby’ you automatically cringe and pray that none of those things become your fate.
- Whenever you hear a name, you’ll automatically place it on a list you love or hate for baby names.
- We never imagined it, but 7:30pm is becoming more and more alluring as a great time for bed.
- While you might have been a little embarrassed by it in the early days, the further along you get in your pregnancy, the less embarrassed you’ll be by uncontrolled farts.
- We’re constantly moaning about our husbands, either about their persistence and overly obsessive care or about their lack of it. Regardless of what they do (or don’t), they’re always in our firing lines, and we couldn’t care less about it.
- As pregnant women should, we effortlessly consume everything we see, without feeling the slightest bit of guilt, because you know, we’re “actually” eating for two, and soon the pregnancy days will be at an end and so will all the mindless eating habits.