Sometimes, we moms have bad days when we feel like we just can’t cope. We’re all hot messes. Some of us are just better at hiding it than others. Here are a few mom confessions, collected from the web, that proves we’re okay with being not-so-perfect moms.
Mom confessions we love
1. “I smelled the poo, but waited until my husband smelled it. That’s the one time I didn’t have to change the diaper.”
It’s super hard to miss THAT smell. Mom is on duty all day and has to deal with nappy explosions on the daily. Dad can cope with one, right? There’s nothing wrong with allowing 10 minutes to pass, but if it extends past 10 minutes, you have to assume he’s playing the same game.
2. “Sometimes, I fantasise about getting in my car and driving off into the sunset. Or at least just going to get Mc Nuggets.”
Some days, everyone wakes up cranky, and everyone is annoyed for no reason whatsoever. The baby won’t stop crying. The toddler is breaking down the house. And you haven’t eaten all day, not even mentioning the fact that you didn’t take a shower. Everything gets to you, and you really need five minutes of peace and quiet. If you’re a mom and you can’t relate to this, do you even have kids?
3. “I gave my baby packaged food because I didn’t feel like making my own baby food.”
Dinner time usually consists of cooking with one hand and feeding the baby with the other hand. Of, don’t forget the toddler clinging to your leg, begging for some cookies. Yes, we’d all love to make our own, organic purees, but truthfully, we don’t have the time.
4. “I accidentally clipped my baby’s finger when cutting her nails.”
And yes, it happens to the best of us. Seriously though, it seems more relaxing to diffuse a bomb than to clip a baby’s nails. And it isn’t only the fingernails. The toenails are even trickier!
5. “I told my daughter he pain-in-the-ass toy phone was broken when I actually just removed the batteries.”
You can remove the batteries, or you can run over it with your car. Toy phones are, by far, some of the most annoying and frustrating things that they ever made for kids. Can we all just perform a slow clap here? Toy phones must fall!